Zoo Co is thrilled to announce that we have been successful in gaining Arts Council funding to continue a further 4 months programme at Theatre on the High Street, a pop up theatre space in Croydon (5 minutes walk from East Croydon station).
As part of this programme, we want to ensure that under-represented artists are supported to develop work at Theatre on the High Street.
We will support the following:
- Early stage research and development of new theatre work
- Further research and development of current theatre work
- Rehearsal period for a theatre production
As part of the residency, you will be asked to create a sharing, scratch, or full length performance of your work (up to 60 minutes), with marketing support and industry invites supported by our team. This will be a public event for an audience of up to 40 people (dependent on seating layout).
Your residency will be part of our Open Rehearsal Space programme, enabling Croydon audiences to witness parts of your rehearsal process as well as the shared product.
Mon 19th November - Fri 23rd November 2018
Mon 25th November - Fri 30th November 2018
Evening Sharing: 29th November
Mon 3rd December - Fri 7th December 2018
Mon 9th December - Fri 14th December 2018
Evening sharing: Thurs 13th December 2018
Mon 7th January - Fri 11th January 2019
Mon 13th January - Fri 18th January 2019
Evening sharing: Thurs 17th January 2019
What you get:
- £1000 commissioning fee towards your project
- Up to 2 weeks of free development space at Theatre on the High Street, Croydon
- 1 Thursday evening sharing of the work/ work-in-progress on a 50:50 box office split with ticketing and marketing support
- Producing support from Zoo Co subject to need. This can include workshops on PR, organisational development, access support and creating links to venues who may be interested in supporting your work beyond this residency.
- Feedback session with Zoo Co
- Support in writing one arts council funding application linked to the project by Zoo Co’s team
What we are looking for:
- Innovative, exciting, high quality new work.
- Work that shakes up traditional theatre presentation styles.
- Artists who will benefit from having time, space and a small commission fund to try bold new ideas with room for genuine artistic development.
- Artists who may currently be under-represented in Croydon and the wider arts industry. This includes work led by disabled artists, d/Deaf artists, PoC artists and working class artists. We want to ensure that we are sharing our company resources with these groups to ensure development of this work in Croydon, and to help reach new audiences in the borough.
All applications must be submitted by 5pm on Sunday 4th November 2018. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Theatre on the High Street Residency Application’.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Tuesday 6th November 2018. We may arrange a short phone-call to discuss your application and project if we have any further questions, before making final offers to three organisations/ individuals by Friday 9th November 2018.
Please note, if you would prefer to submit your application by video, you can send us a YouTube link by email. Videos should last no longer than 3 minutes. We can accept submissions in English, French + BSL.
If you have any further access requirements or questions, or if you need support in making an application, please contact Florence on firstname.lastname@example.org.